About

Welcome to FABB! This is a Fashion And Beauty Blog that is associated with Ohio University's Thread Magazine. We will be posting Fashion and Beauty tips, along with Specific Looks and Monthly Favorites. Check us out every Thursday for new posts! We hope you enjoy our blogs as much as we enjoy making them!

XOXO,
Kendall & Kristen

Thursday, October 30, 2014

Cranberry Craze

When we think of colder weather, the first thing that comes to mind is darkness. Everything seems to get darker. Eyeshadow, lipstick, hair, the sky, but that doesn't mean we have to forget about color! Don't get us wrong, we love our black clothing and dark smokey eyes, but sometimes we want to change it up a bit. The ever so popular cranberry (not sauce) is a great way to change up your look without straying away from the darkness. There are many different ways to incorporate this color in your fall look, whether it be scarves, nail polish, sweaters, etc. We decided to focus on how to pull this color into your makeup!

Kendall's Look:




You can never go wrong with neutral eyes and bold lips, but for this look I decided to add a little twist! Beauty gurus across the nation are raving about this subtle, yet fierce cat eye look that is beautiful with just a pop of color. This technique may not seem to be your cup of tea, but it's fun to try something different every now and then.

For the eyes, I applied a cream, matte shadow from the Two Faced Natural Eyes Palette called Heaven, all over my lid. Then I just blended a matte brown shade called Nudie, from that same palette, all throughout my crease to add dimension and keep it simple, as well. Now here is where the twist comes in! I used Stila's Stay All Day black liquid eye liner and carefully lined my top lashes as well as the shape of my inner tear duct to create that cat eye effect. I finished the eyes by winging the liner on the outer corners and following through the bottom water line. Although it seems as if your eyes were to appear smaller due to the use of liner, this look actually opens the eyes up and makes them appear to be bigger because of the extended eyeliner in the tear duct.

We cannot forget about that bold lip that completely ties this look all together, and that is the cranberry color that everyone is reaching for these days! With such neutral eye shadow, a bold lip is exactly what this needs. I used a matte lipstick in Black Cherry form Revlon and lightly coated that shade all over my lips, topping it off with Gerard Cosmetics' lip gloss in Pouty Princess. This look is perfect for when you are feelin' sassy and want to try something new!

Kristen's Look:



For some, adding color to their eyeshadow can be a scary thought. While it is a fun way to spice up your look, it can be intimidating. With this look, you can add color, but also stay within your comfort zone. I used the Lorac Pro Palette to achieve these cranberry crazed eyes. 

I took a little bit of Taupe through my crease to act as my transition shade and help blend out any sharp lines. For the main star, I used Garnet. This color is a gorgeous deep cranberry red that goes with almost any eye color! I applied this all over my lid right up to my transition color. To avoid looking sick, (since we are using reds) I then took Sable and put that on the outer corner and a little bit up into the crease to add some definition and more smokiness. 

Be sure to blend after every step to ensure you don't have any harsh lines! After I made sure everything was blended the way I wanted, I went back and built up the color until it was the desired darkness. I added Cream to my brow bone for a highlight, and finished off the shadow with Black along my lash line to add definition. I opted out of eyeliner because I wanted to keep the look smokey, but feel free to add any eyeliner you want! Don't forget to add lots of mascara since we don't want our lashes to get lost in the eyeshadow. I added it to the top and bottom to open up my eyes. Pair this look with a nude, or even a bold lip color if you're feeling spicy!


XOXO,
Kendall & Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment