About

Welcome to FABB! This is a Fashion And Beauty Blog that is associated with Ohio University's Thread Magazine. We will be posting Fashion and Beauty tips, along with Specific Looks and Monthly Favorites. Check us out every Thursday for new posts! We hope you enjoy our blogs as much as we enjoy making them!

XOXO,
Kendall & Kristen

Thursday, November 13, 2014

Day to Night

In the busy world we live in, it seems like we are always running around like chickens with our heads cut off. With hardly enough time to breathe, deciding what to wear for a night out is the last thing on our minds. We all want to look our best, and for must of us that means looking like we spent hours getting ready when we only have 10 minutes. We put together an easy Day to Night outfit and makeup look that will have you looking your best with half the effort. So keep working hard and doing your thing, because going from Day to Night is now the least of your worries. Enjoy!

The Makeup

Day: If you're anything like me, your days are spent running from class to class, doing homework between meals, and thinking to yourself "Why are there only 24hrs in a day?" During the day I like to keep my makeup simple, just enough so people know I'm a girl and to prove I actually have eyelashes (blonde troubles.) I also like to give myself a good base, so if I am in a hurry and need to dress myself up fast, I can easily get myself together. 

I start by using my foundation, concealer, and powder as a base to perfect my skin. I use a little bit of bronzer to warm up my complexion and make my skin look more alive. Throw on a little bit of neutral blush to give me some glow and I'm done with my face for the day. For my eyes, I apply a little bit of a pale gold eyeshadow all over the lid, and a little bit of a taupe brown through my crease to blend it out. I skip out on eyeliner because I want to save time and keep the look as natural as possible. Lastly, I throw on my favorite mascara and I'm out the door.


Night: Ok so I look down at the time and realize I have dinner plans in 15 minutes...crap. When taking your makeup from day to night, you don't have to completely start over and re-do your makeup. It's way easier to just add to what you've already got then to start from scratch. 

Starting with the eyes, I add a darker brown on the outer corners of my eyes and through the crease to deepen up the eyeshadow. I add some winged liner to make my eyes look more defined and make myself look a little more put together, and throw on a little bit of extra mascara to pump up my lashes. Finally, I added a bold lip. This red lip, is one of the easiest ways to make yourself look like you tried way harder than you did. *This is a long wear liquid lipstick that will stay put all night long, so you don't have to worry about touch ups. And just like that you've taken your look from drab to fabb.


The Outfits

Do you ever have those days when you are running low on clothes and completely forgot to throw in a load of laundry? I know I do... all. the. time. And of course on those same days we magically have a billion errands to run and plans to go out later with friends. This first outfit will be perfect for running to the mall while being fashionable AND comfortable at the same time! Oh, and don't worry, you will still be able to procrastinate on that load of laundry just a little longer, because with a swap of a few clothing items, you will be all set for your night out! 

Day: I tend to dress more comfortable and relaxed when heading to the mall because I won't be able to have my shopping game face on if I'm running around in heels. Does anyone else feel the need to have zero distractions around/on them when running errands, or is it just me? Well anyway, I put together a cute and comfy outfit to wear during one of those busy days. I am wearing a cream tank top from TJ Maxx, dark wash jeggings from Hollister, maroon studded flats from Forever 21 and a tan cardigan from H&M


Night: If you somehow spent way more time than planned at the shopping center (which always seems to be the case for myself) and are in a rush to change and head out with a few friends, this outfit will only take a few seconds. I decided to stick with the same dark wash jeggings from Hollister and tank from TJ Maxx to same myself some time. To get ready for a night out I chose to dress up the look with some tan and gold wedges from Forever 21 and a knitted lace, sleeveless cardigan from TJ Maxx. If you are planning to be outside most of the night you can also replace the sleeveless cardigan with a fancy long sleeve or blazer!



XOXO,
Kendall & Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment